Pursuing Life Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pour Gas on the Fire!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> Staying Zealously Affected
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Pour Gas on the Fire! Reply with quote

All good things take diligence and effort. It seems the best things take more commitment than the good and better things do.

Hiding the Word of God in our hearts is one of those things that we can easily get excited about for a time, but then become tired of.

Let's keep going!
Sarah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: my 1st post Reply with quote

I agree whole heartedly! I need a fire started under me right now where scripture memory is concerned. I really want to get back in to memorizing. By the way, I just found your site and am so excited to be linked in with you all! I joined the memoryverses.org list and heard about your site through that. I have been looking for months, off and on, for a group of devoted christians who love to memorize. I'm stuck in the book of Acts right now(around chap. 5). I need prayer to get going. I picked it up a little today and that made me feel great. However, I've almost been depressed about letting it go(used to memorize daily) I have two small children and one on the way, which is a blessing. However, I'm realizing more and more that I'm going to have to really fight to stay in the good fight. I let defeat take over a lot lately, then I want to just give up entirely. I'm already going on forever here. Hope that's okay. Looking for some support ,and to be a support to whoever God puts in my path. Need prayer too...to stay motivated in the Word. Would love to hear from any of you and get to know you.

Sarah
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sarah:

Thank you for joining us here at PursuingLife! I am excited when I hear of others who are interested in memorizing Scripture.

Along with everything I have said about Bible memory, I want to add that we should not put ourselves in a place where we feel condemned for not coming up to certain goals and ideals in memorizing Scripture. Yes, Bible memory goals and schedules are important. Long-term Bible memory takes a lot of discipline. But our enemy, the devil, wants us to feel depressed and fearful when we fail to memorize like we wanted to. When we feel defeated, discouragement can set it, and cause us to throw away all our desires for memorizing.

Determine how much you can memorize in light of all your other responsibilities as a wife, mother, keeper at home, etc., then try to stick with that. Whether it's 1 verse a day, or 1 verse a week, I highly recommend consistency.

I am praying for you, Sarah.

May God bless all of you out there at PursuingLife.com! Please post!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> Staying Zealously Affected All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: