Pursuing Life Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Life-long Retention of Memorized Passages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> Reviewing Memorized Passages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavern
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Life-long Retention of Memorized Passages Reply with quote

How long and how often do you need to review a passage until you can retain it for life? Is it possible to memorize something well enough that you won't ever forget it?
Meg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: What I think Reply with quote

I don't know the exact answer to those questions.
For me, I think the impact of what I have memorized has a lot to do with being able to recall it easily. You know, how some scriptures just stick with you or really hit you over the head when you first read them?
I don't know. I'm not sure if I would ever be able to forget Isaiah 53. It just hits so hard. I don't have to review that as much as others.
I guess that's one reason I always advocate choosing scriptures that are powerful to the individual personally. I don't mean some scripture is more effective than others, just that sometimes it's like God has a certain verse or passage picked out for us to memorize at the time. This is another reason why I like to not plan too far ahead what I'm going to memorize.
As for reviewing the stuff that is not so easy to recall, I think I have to review each piece at least once a week. Easy for me, since I don't have nearly as much memorized as some others.
How do you review and how often?
Essola

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject: Help us to work together with others. Reply with quote

The time is a testament to the good work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PursuingLife.com Forum Index -> Reviewing Memorized Passages All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: